Current Bible Studies
- It's Not Supposed To Be This Way: Tuesdays, 6:30pm, offsite
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God's goodness. Using Lysa TerKeurst's book, we'll discuss how to:
- better process unmet expectations and painful situations
- train ourselves to recognize the strategies of the enemy so we can persevere through uncertainty
- discover the secret of being steadfast
- shift our mindset to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us
- learn how to encourage and help a friend navigate hard realities with help from God's truth
- Precepts Study on the book of Zechariah: Tuesdays, 6:30pm or Wednesdays, 9:30am
Zechariah contains more prophecies about the first and second comings of Jesus Christ than any other of the old testament prophets except Isaiah. Zechariah reveals what will happen on the day when the Lord is King over all the earth. There is a future time of restoration coming for the righteous. Are you ready for that day?
- Wednesday Morning Women's Study: Wednesdays, 9:30am
Discover how to use biblical examples in your everyday relationships.
- MOPS: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 9:30-11am; begins September 24
We are excited to launch a MOPS Sheboygan eFree group! MOPS International is a ministry to moms of preschoolers and school-aged children. Through these gatherings, it's our heart and desire that you'll meet with Jesus and grow in relationship with Him and one another; that you'll be refreshed and better equipped to serve your families. Watch for registration details.
- Deborah: Becoming a Woman of Influence: Wednesdays, 6:30pm; beginning September 29
In His mercy, God raised up a woman named Deborah as an instrument of grace and hope for His people. With courage and conviction, by trusting God and His plan, Deborah became a woman of influence—not only in her time, but also for our day.
- Men's Prayer Meeting: Wednesdays, 6:30am, Church library
Men of the church are invited to come together in the presence of the Lord to pray. We use the Psalms as a guide to pray for our nation, community, and church family.
- Wednesday Morning Men's Study: Wednesdays, 9:30-11:30am, room 109
Isaiah is the prophet we need to hear today as he cries out God's message above the clatter of world upheaval, "Comfort, yes, comfort My People!" (40:1). When Isaiah says to us, "Be comforted!" it is not a word of pity but of power. God's comfort does not weaken us; it strengthens us. As we study the book of Isaiah, we'll meet this outstanding prophet and we'll see God's people chastened and then restored. But above all else, we will see Jesus Christ, God's "Suffering Servant," as He does the will of God and suffers and dies for the sins of the world. Our faith will be strengthened as we listen to the Word of God together through Isaiah the prophet.
- More Like Jesus: Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm
Join us as we commit ourselves to live by the wisdom (studying Proverbs) which comes from God in our Wise Men series. This study, led by Pastor Jon and a team of Men's Ministries guys, will examine what the Scriptures teach us about topics such as standing alone, leading your family to Jesus, purity (zero porn), and friendships that change us. In the second half of the year, we'll tackle wisdom topics such as, "Is Christianity anti-science?" and "Is Christianity homophobic?" Our aim is to strengthen men to take initiative, treasure their own friendship with God, and selflessly serve their family and community.
Cost: revealing your heart and occasional money for pizza!
A zoom link is available upon request.