Every Tuesday, from 09/14/2021 to 05/24/2022, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness. Using Lysa TerKeurst’s book, It's Not Supposed To Be this Way, we’ll discuss how to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God’s truth
This study is held offsite. For more information, contact the church office.