September 21, 2023 | Andrew Eckwielen
Passage: Genesis 12:1-3
The call of God comes with great sacrifice and great risk, but an even greater promise. In this message titled Radical Distinction, the account of God calling Abram shows us that if we give God our complete trust and obedience, He is faithful to fulfill all His promises.
► Genesis 12:1-3
Now the Lord said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
► 11 And when they had brought their boats to land, they left everything and followed him. (Luke 5:11)
► 27 After this he went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax booth. And he said to him, “Follow me.” 28 And leaving everything, he rose and followed him. (Luke 5:27-28)
- What were some of the highlights and lowlights of your week? Everyone needs to get a chance to answer!
- Describe a time when you made a hard sacrifice in order to accomplish a goal, whether in school, sports, music, church, work, etc. What did you learn?
- To answer the call, Abram had to leave everything behind and entrust his future to God—a huge risk and sacrifice. What do you believe God is calling you to leave behind so that you can follow Jesus with all your heart?
- What do you think are some of the most important characteristics a person needs to do something great for God? Compare your list with what Abram and Sarai had. How are they different? How are they the same?
- Do you want God to do great things through you, like He did with Abram and Sarai? If yes, how can you make yourself available to be used by God?